B15: Another Wonderful B vitamin
Vitamin B15, also known as pangamic acid or pangamate, is an effective medicament as it contains D-gluconodimethyl amino acetic acid. This vitamin assists in the creation of particular amino acids, like methionine. In addition, it plays a part in glucose’s oxidation in cellular breathing and, similar to vitamin E, acts by way of an antioxidant aiding to make the cell stronger. This special vitamin even supports the liver to detoxify the human body!
In 1938, Ernst Krebs successfully separated pangamic acid from the seeds of apricots, which was given the trade name of vitamin B15 five years later. It was portrayed as having numerous detoxifying medical purposes, including advantages to the respiratory tract, skin, joints, and nerves.
Vitamin B15 existed used in the United States by way of a supplement. While many beneficial applications of B15 are unverified, other countries carry on using vitamin B15, counting Russia and several European nations, in the form of calcium pangamate, appearing as DMG or dimethylglycine.
In Russia, vitamin B15 is utilized to increase the performance of athletes, reduce cravings for alcohol, and help lessen senility, heart disease, and autism. All over Europe, B15 is used in place of an agent against aging and to shield people from air pollution.
Initially introduced in the American dietary market based on research directed by the Soviet sports experts, minor research has been done in America. What this research suggests is that vitamin B15 represents an antioxidant that acts in synergy with vitamins C, E, and A.
Why take vitamin B15?
The claimed antioxidant property of vitamin B15 helps explain why it’s so favorably publicized for its capability to confer defense against city air pollutants, prolong cell life, motivate increased response of the immune system, lower levels of fat and cholesterol in the plasma, protect the human liver from alcohol effects, cure fatigue, keep hangovers at bay, and facilitate hormone regulation.
It follows, therefore, that B15 is used aimed at improving exercise stamina. It’s a treatment for asthma, besides other related diseases; conditions of the skin, including eczema; problems with the lungs; painful joint and nerve conditions; cancer; and, arthritis. It’s utilized in improving the amount of oxygen in the brain, heart, and other essential organs in the human body.
In the process, it improves tissue breathing, reduces the thirst for alcohol, and promotes the elimination of toxins in the body. The most important physiological impact of pangamic acid, however, is the help it provides for the liver to evade fat accumulation. This makes it a good preventive measure for developing liver cirrhosis.
Perhaps, it’s because vitamin B15 has the ability to deliver a methyl set used within the body aimed at the mixture of nucleic acids, phospholipids, and other physically active substances vital for the body’s healthy functioning. On top of that, pangamic acid increases the body’s metabolism and has properties that counteract inflammation.
The natural sources of vitamin B15 include whole brown rice, brewer's yeast, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, apricot kernels, rice bran, beef blood, sunflower seeds, liver, almonds, cantaloupes, watermelons, apricots, and in almost every plant.
Deficiency and Excess of Pangamic acid
According to the specialists, pangamic acid isn’t toxic. So, at hand is no information on the adverse effects when plenty in the human body. For the elderly users, however, reported side effects are increased irritability, headaches, insomnia, and decline in the tachycardia and the cardiovascular.
According to several studies, deficiency in vitamin B15 are manifested as a drop to the cells’ level of oxygen, which can cause endocrine and nervous disorders, fatigue, cardiac complaints, and premature aging.
Nature's Choice Supplements’ B15 Complete Pangamic Acid Formula
There exist no known poisonous effects from taking vitamin B15, though some consumers report experiencing queasiness initially. This could be sidestepped by taking the supplement with food, and if possible, after eating your largest meal for the day. Our B15 Complete Pangamic Acid formula comes in a 500 milligrams capsule that contains the following:
- TMG vitamin – Trimethylglycine or betaine is essential to human absorption and clinically established to support the liver, brain, and other body organs. It’s commonly found within our diet through consuming beets, spinach, whole grains, and shellfish.
- DMG - Dimethylglycine stays as a protein shown to possess some powerful benefits on health including abetting autism, boosting the immune system, providing more stamina and energy to people, and facilitating weight loss. It’s anti-inflammatory that’s also known to help in treating diabetes and kidney disease.
Besides slowing the process of aging, it’s used by some people to reduce the aging effects and stress levels. It’s famous for boosting immunity against infection and lowering blood triglycerides and cholesterol to help maintain blood glucose and pressure in a normal range.
- Calcium Pangamate – It’s used in curing alcohol dependency through reducing cravings in Russia. Also, it’s utilized to treat asthma, fatigue, rheumatism, besides high cholesterol and blood pressure. It improves circulation and the overall oxygenation of tissues and cells.
- Calcium Gluconate – This remains as the gluconic acid’s calcium salt, an intravenous medicine used to handle conditions occurring from calcium inadequacies, such as hypocalcemia connected with hypoparathyroidism, hypocalcemic tetany, besides hypocalcemia as a result of pregnancy or rapid growth.
Hence, it’s a mineral or element necessary for the standard functioning of the nerves, muscles, and the heart. When taken by mouth, it helps to uphold calcium balance, as well as preventing bone loss. It’s the antidote for injuries that may be caused by magnesium sulfate in the body.
- Gluconic Acid – This is a mild natural acid that’s not caustic or corrosive and naturally found in fruits, wine, kombucha tea, and honey. As an additive to food, it’s an acidity control device. When used in supplements, it helps to ward off calcium and iron deficiency.
Warnings and Special Precautions
For pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, it’s not recommended taking vitamin B15. People with kidney conditions are also not suggested taking pangamic acid as it may cause stones and other problems in the kidney, as well as worsen existing kidney disorder.